Otters suffer petanque defeat to Chudleigh as lightning strikes twice.
- Credit: Archant
Ottery played the return match with Chudleigh and there was a real sense of déjà vu about the contest, writes Dave West.
Just as in the first meeting the Otters took both triples to hold the early advantage.
Then the evening sun went down and so did the chances of exacting revenge!
The visitors stormed back to claim all three doubles to bag a 3-2 victory.
In two of these games the home side were leading, but Chudleigh came back to secure the victory.
You may also want to watch:
The triples success came from John and Rose Thatcher, 13-7 victors over Franck Depreaux, John Baxter and Mike Moyse followed by a 13-1 win for Pete and Sue Smith and Derek Hansen over Thierry Hacq, Henry Pickett and Rob Thomas.
In the doubles there was a 13-1 defeat for Sue and John, a 13-10 reversal for Pete and Barrie and a 13-11 defeat for Rose and Derek.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
The win sees Chudleigh into top spot with three wins from three this season.
Ottery sit second with Isca third.