Otters take on Otters
In a Section 3 Unbadged Triples Quarter Final match the finish could not have been closer after 17 ends the score was 17-17, writes Peter Bebb.
But in a nail-biting finish the trio from Ottery, John Pethick, David Brown, and skip William Taylor won the last end by one, beating the trio from Seaton 18-17 setting up a semi-final when they will meet another team from Ottery.
John Ward ,Terry House, and skip Eric Saunders beat Feniton 18--15 in their quarter final.
Over the jubilee weekend the club had a very successful Captain’s Day when members played a round robin competition. The afternoon ended with an excellent meal provided by club captain Margaret Hunt.
During the day �319 was raised for the Devon Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
In other matches Ottery Over-60s B team had a good afternoon on two rinks beating Seaton B team 51-17.
In the triples match at home to Pinces Gardens the result was again close, Ottery winning on four rinks losing on two, but the win went to Pinces Gardens 109-110
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 6 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The club travelled to Hemyock for five rinks of mixed triples and Ottery only lost on one rink resulting in a good win for the club 88-58.