Otters target bouncing straight back to the B Division
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary find themselves back in the C Division East and up against Exeter 2nd XI in their first game, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Ottery lasted two seasons in the B Division before dropping back.
Last season’s trials and tribulations – they didn’t win a game on a Saturday afternoon – won’t stop Ottery aiming for promotion again.
“Promotion is the aim, maybe after a year on consolidation, but we want to go up again,” said new chairman Rob Johns.
“Looking round the division we are going to be in, we know most of the teams other than the three 2nd XIs who have come in.
You may also want to watch:
“There is certainly nothing for us to fear.”
Will Harrison is carrying on as 1st XI captain with Jody Clements doubling up as vice-captain and vice-chairman to Johns.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
A piece of disappointing news on the eve of a new season was Rob Crabbe’s departure to Kilmington.
Crabb took 18 league wickets at less than 17 last season and chipped in with 140 runs, including a half-century against promoted Abbotskerswell.