Otters team lands Redfern win by beating another Otters team!
The weekend was a busy one for the Club starting on Saturday with the seventh year of the Redfern’s Trophy, writes Peter Bebb.
Six Clubs were invited, Budleigh Salterton, Dunkeswell, Feniton, Madeira, Seaton and Sidmouth, to play six teams from Ottery in a ‘ Round Robin’ Competition when teams moved to another rink after playing four ends.
Ottery retained the Trophy which was presented to the winning team by Tim Wright Managing Director of Redferns.
The successful Ottery team was John Ward, Gerry Beighton, Ann Howells and Skip Terry House with a score of + 21.
The runners-up were also an Ottery team comprising of Graham Temple, David Nangle, Margaret Bright, and Skip Norman Lawrence, with a score of +14.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday was Captains Day when Club Captain Terry House raised money for his chosen Charity. The afternoon started with a ‘Spider’ for a bottle of Gin which was won by Janet Bebb.
That was followed by 48 club members enjoying an afternoon’s Bowling in what was, for the most part, fine weather.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The day’s highest score was served up by Jo Sarton, Chris Hawkes, John Ward and Eric Saunders. The day continued when family and friends joined members for a Hog Roast provided by Vic and Marion Daniel who are members of the Club.
The days events concluded with a light hearted quiz provided and compered by Eric and Joan Saunders the winning team of the quiz was headed by Eileen Martin.
A cheque for �446.00 will be sent to the Ottery St. Mary and District Help Scheme as a result of Captains Day.