Otters to face Lyme Regis in cup tie on April Fool’s Day
Ottery St Mary have set a date for their Grandisson Cup quarter-final tie at Axmouth United.
The Otters will travel to the Macron League Division Six side on Saturday, April 1 (2.30pm).
Ottery have of course, finished their Macron League programme, one that ended with a 3-2 defeat at home to Otterton a fortnight ago.
It is Otterton who the Otters have to face in their other cup quarter-final tie and that has yet to be allocated a date.
Otters boss Dave Fairweather says: “It’s a problem with our league campaign finishing so early that these end-of-season cup competitions come around and we are out of league games and therefore match practise.
You may also want to watch:
“We will try and combat that with regular training through until the end of May and I am hoping that we can get a couple of friendly matches arranged.”
As for the cup tie at Lyme Regis, Fairweather says: “We will prepare for the game as normal and look to have a good midweek session. It’s important that we are fully focussed for the cup tie. I want the season to go on and long as possible in terms of competitive football, so a trip to Lyme Regis is a ‘must win’ one in my book.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution