Otters Under-14 player Tom Collins is simply fousome
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary midfielder Tom Collins scored four times to take his season’s tally to 28 in 13 games as his team defeated Kentisbeare 6-0 in their latest Exeter and District Under-14 Division Two game, writes Steve Birley.
The Otters, under coach Steve Flinders, are having a superb season and will take on high-flying Division One side Alphington in the semi-final of the League Cup in a game being played at Washbrook Meadow on Wednesday, March 20.
Striker George Hoye bagged a brace as the young Otters made the most of their first appearance this season on the wide open spaces of the main Washbrook Meadow pitch that played exceptionally well, given the amount of rain that fell on Friday night.
St John Rowell was the Ottery Man of the Match for a splendid performance at right back in his first outing this term. The Otters clean sheet was shared between Rick Pollington and George Hoye.
Collins now has 28 goals in 13 starts, his latest haul included a left foot double, a right foot strike and a header!
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Otters entertain West Hill Wasps in a derby game which has real significance in terms of the two side’s promotion aspirations.
Wasps sit second, one points better off than the Otters who have two games in hand.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford