Otterton and Withycombe Primary School tag rugby teams impress at home of Plymouth Albion
- Credit: Archant
Two primary schools did East Devon Proud in the recent countywide Tag Rugby Finals in Plymouth where 16 top teams met to compete.
The Devon School Summer Games is a county wide event formed of teams who have qualified in prior events in their areas.
Players from Withycombe and Otterton Church of England Primary School travelled to the Plymouth Albion Ground for the event and are pictured celebrating their successes.
The team from Otterton came sixth with Withycombe’s team not far behind in ninth place.
Tag rugby is a minimal contact team game in which each player wears shorts with velcro patches with two tags attached to them.
You may also want to watch:
Attacking players attempt to dodge, evade and pass a rugby ball, while defenders attempt to prevent them scoring by ‘tagging’ – pulling the velcro tags from the player carrying the ball, rather than a full contact tackle
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb