Otterton and Withycombe Primary School tag rugby teams impress at home of Plymouth Albion
- Credit: Archant
Two primary schools did East Devon Proud in the recent countywide Tag Rugby Finals in Plymouth where 16 top teams met to compete.
The Devon School Summer Games is a county wide event formed of teams who have qualified in prior events in their areas.
Players from Withycombe and Otterton Church of England Primary School travelled to the Plymouth Albion Ground for the event and are pictured celebrating their successes.
The team from Otterton came sixth with Withycombe’s team not far behind in ninth place.
Tag rugby is a minimal contact team game in which each player wears shorts with velcro patches with two tags attached to them.
You may also want to watch:
Attacking players attempt to dodge, evade and pass a rugby ball, while defenders attempt to prevent them scoring by ‘tagging’ – pulling the velcro tags from the player carrying the ball, rather than a full contact tackle
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution