Otterton net third successive victory
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Otterton were comfortable 3-1 winners when they hosted Newton St Cyres in the Devon and Exeter Football League Division Two.
Ryan Wright was in particularly good goalscoring form as he twice found the back of the net while Daniel Tapp also scored.
Benjamin Taylor provided the consolation goal for Newton St Cyres. It was Otterton's fifth win from 11 matches and the third in a row for the side.
The remarkable run of form has lifted them into seventh place and they could stand to make even more ground considering they have played the joint-fewest games in the division.
Four of the top six have played at least 14 matches but are only 10 points ahead of Otterton who could overtake them should they win all of their games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
The team travel to 10th placed Alphington Thirds tomorrow (Saturday) looking to extend the winning run to four games).
Alphington did win their last home game, beating Halwill 4-2, but that was only the Alphas' third win in 10 home league and cup games this season.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action