Otterton net great eight at home to Ilminster Town
- Credit: Archant
Otterton moved into the top three of the Fresha League Division Five with a comprehensive 8-0 home win over Ilminster Town.
Strike partners Kev Pitt and Simon Tuley both scored hat-tricks in a dominant performance by the Otters.
Pitt opened the scoring in the eighth minute when a pin-point Nick Tweedie ball split the defence and Pitt poked the ball home.
Pete McLean’s delicate lob over the keeper and Simon Tuley’s mazy run past three defenders prior to a polished finish made it 3-0, all within the first 20 minutes.
Dale Roberts had a good chance to open his account for the Otters but Ilminster defended in numbers and forced the ball away.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break Tuley showed good feet to evade four players before firing home to send his side into the break with a 4-0 lead.
In the second half Otterton bossed proceedings from first whistle to last.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Jon Dack and Luke Iddon each struck the frame of the goal before Tuley completed his treble.
Substitute Lee Mitchell made it six from a Gary Williams cross and Pitt had the final save with a quick-fire double inside the last five minutes.
On Saturday Otterton entertain Uplowman (3pm) when supporters will be made very welcome.