Otterton’s winning run ended at Topsham
Topsham Town 4, Otterton 2 Otterton’s run of victories came to a sudden halt as a mixture of poor defending and perhaps, an air of complacency, cost the team dearly in an East Devon derby with Topsham.
The hosts started by far the better team and before the Otters realised they were in a contest they had fallen two behind!
A feature of the teams season so far has been an ability to bounce back from adversity, and poor starts, not so this week as the team had clearly left themselves too much to do!
They did halve the deficit when Kev Pitt rose to head the ball home on the half hour. However, they were soon once again caught napping and, from a quick throw-in on the left the Otters defence lost their shape and the team were 3-1 down!
Lee Mitchell reduced the arrears after a goal keeping error, but a fourth was conceded before the break sending the Otters into half-time trailing 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Despite improving significantly in the second half, the damage had been done in the first 45 minutes and, try as they did; the Otters were unable to get back into the game and so suffered that first Fresha League Division Six defeat after seven successive wins.
Otterton: A Williams, G Williams, Tweedie, Trim, Thomas, Mitchell, Tulley, Yeomans, Dack, Pitt, Iddon. Subs (all used); R Mitchell, C Copleston, Rolls.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Saturday sees the Otters at home to a Starcross Generals side that sit third, immediately below the Otters in the table!