Ottery beat Cullompton in East of Exe League meeting
- Credit: Archant
Ottery bowlers went down in their County Trophy meeting with Madeira, writes Michael Smith.
Ottery won both away rinks and lost both home rinks, going down overall 68-82, the best Ottery rink was a 23-9 success by Richard Chapple, Clive Martin, Ray Luscombe and skip Terry House.
In the Exeter and District League men’s Over-60s Triples League the Ottery St Mary A team lost on both rinks away to Uffculme A and the C team went down by the samwe margin on their visit to Broadclyst.
However, the B team got back to winning ways with a seven point victory away to Chagford where John Mabbott, George Kille and skip Brian Baker winning 13-11, and drawing the other rink 13-all.
Plymstock brought a strong team to Ottery winning by five rinks to one and by an overall score of 113 to 82.
You may also want to watch:
The lone Ottery winning rink was Margaret Hunt, Carol Bennett, Clive Martin and skip Terry House, 23-11.
Next up was a touring team from Moordown BC in Bournemouth. This match produced a close finish that ended with Moordown winning three rinks, Ottery two and one was drawn. Moordown were two shot winners overall at 95-93.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Moyra Griffin, Richard Chapple and skip Brian Baker were the best Ottery rink winning 20-10.
Ottery then welcomed Cullompton in the East of Exe Mixed League and Ottery won the match overall and by three rinks to one, with Dot Luff, Chris Hawke, Gail Hawke and skip Mike Smith having a fine 24-8 success.
New players are always welcomed to come along to Friday club nights from 6pm, flat shoes or trainers are required, all coaching and equipment will be provided, contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195 for more information.