Ottery bowl to victory in County Trophy meeting with Feniton
- Credit: Archant
The Ottery St Mary week began with a fine success over close rivals Feniton in the County Trophy, writes Michael Smith.
The Otters won two rinks to Feniton’s one with one also drawn leaving the Otters as overall 84-75 winners. Much of the success was down to a superb 30-10 success for Terry House (skip), John Mabbott, Chris Hawke and John Pethick.
The Ottery men were in action in the Over-60s League. The A team were narrowly beaten 35-31 by Tiverton West End A and the B team also went down by a small margin, beaten by just three shots, 32-29 in their game at Tiverton West End C where they did win on one of the rinks – that a 20-10 success for John Mabbott, George Kille and skip Brian Baker.
Also in Over-60s action were the C team, but they found Seaton C far too strong, going down heavily on both rinks.
Meanwhile, Ottery ladies had a good victory at home to St Thomas in the LNBTL, winning 36-31. In this match their was an impressive 26-12 victory for Carol Keating, Val Kille and skip Margaret Bright.
You may also want to watch:
In a friendly at home to Dunkeswell, the visitors won 69-56 winning on two rinks with two rinks drawn.
Finally in another home fixture to Bovey Tracey, the rinks were shared three each, but again the visitors came away with the victory 149-91.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Congratulations, must go to club member Dave Brown who has gained his County Badge, Dave represented the county in a match at Culm Vale, where he was presented with the badge, to cap a fine performance Dave was also on the winning side - well done Dave!
Any new players are welcomed to attend Friday club nights from 6pm, coaching and equipment is provided, footwear is flat shoes or trainers, for more information please contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.