Ottery bowler takes officers’ competition title
Congratulations to Terry House on winning the Devon County Section Three Club Officers Competition, beating J Dance, of Budleigh, 21-13 in the final.
Congratulations are also due to four members of Ottery who travelled to Chardstock to play in the Jimmy Wyatt Trophy, which they won by plus-16.
They were Mollie Parker, Margaret Bright, Don Dalton, and John Ward.
In the friendly matches, a touring team from Cheltenham were the visitors to Ottery this week, made up of an association of clubs from around Cheltenham. The game was played on five rinks and Ottery won on two, but the visitors went away as winners 80-117.
The scores were: M Spencer, D Howells, J Paddon, M Parker (Skip) 11-21; G Temple, S Rowe, D Hayes, E Saunders (Skip) 16-27; C Gibbs, M Shiel, T House, W Taylor (Skip) 26-21; R Newman, A Howells, J Candy, M Hunt (Skip) 19-16; J Saunders, D Hunt, D Dalton, S Spencer (Skip) 8-32.
You may also want to watch:
The next match was away at Chagford for four rinks of mixed triples. The result was Ottery 64 Chagford 86. The scores were: D O’Keeffe, G Beighton, M Smith (Skip) 7-31; S Snelling, P Bebb, J Bebb (Skip) 16-17; G Temple, M Beighton, T House (Skip) 28-17; B Scurr, B Nelson, D Nangle (Skip) 13-21.
In Ottery’s match against Chard, again on four rinks of mixed triples, Ottery won on all rinks 79-58 and the scores were: N Pinder, G Beighton, M Phillips (Skip) 20-16; M Beighton, D Nangle, W Taylor (Skip) 23-16; M Spencer, D Dalton, S Spencer (Skip) 16-14; S Snelling, J Bebb, G Temple (Skip) 20-12.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman