Ottery bowlers celebrate the club’s 30th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary held 25th anniversary celebrations at their club on Sunday (July 19), writes Michael Smith.
The occasion was marked with a day of fun and games together with music and a barbecue.
There were over 80 members and invited guests present to enjoy a superb day. Amongst those present were some founder members, some who continue to play and take an active part in the club.
One such person, Rita Johnson, a member since the club’s foundation, greeted members and guests with a complimentary ‘fruit punch’.
The sumptuous barbecue was put on by Neil and Shirley Merrick who, depsit6e the day being extremely hot, stood firm to defy the heat and make sure everybody ate, and ate well!
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon progressed with a variety of games on the green and live music supplied by Martin Kenny, brother of the club captain Sharon. At the end of the proceedings prizes were awarded to the winners and runners-up of the various games, and a substantial raffle, ably run by Dick Ludgate, was enjoyed by all present. It was a tremendous day and enormous thanks must go to club captain Sharon Kenny and her team of helpers and organisers, who put in a huge amount of work and effort to make the day the success that it was.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!