Ottery bowlers edge close encounter at Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary played out a close encounter of the bowling kind when they travelled into Exeter to meet Exonia, writes Michael Smith.
They went down by a single shot, losing 67-66 with the top Ottery rink the one of Maurice Flower, Sheila Camerlin, Frank Jones and skip Terri Ward, who won 22-16.
In a friendly fixture at home to Sidmouth the rinks were shared, but Ottery managed a two shot victory 73-71.
Val Jones, Paul Tomlinson, Carol Keating and skip Steve Goodenough had the best rink with a 22-16 success.
Ottery then played host to a touring side from Bournemouth, Swanmore Bowling Club brought six rinks, and, in a very close game, Ottery were victorious by just one shot at 99-98. The Otters won four and lost two of the six rinks contested with the top Ottery rink the one of Carol Keating, Graham White, Tony Delahay and skip Steve Hall, who won 27-9.
You may also want to watch:
For any information regarding membership and/or coaching, please do get in touch with Mike Smith on 01404 81119.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 4 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year