Ottery bowlers edge close encounter at Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary played out a close encounter of the bowling kind when they travelled into Exeter to meet Exonia, writes Michael Smith.
They went down by a single shot, losing 67-66 with the top Ottery rink the one of Maurice Flower, Sheila Camerlin, Frank Jones and skip Terri Ward, who won 22-16.
In a friendly fixture at home to Sidmouth the rinks were shared, but Ottery managed a two shot victory 73-71.
Val Jones, Paul Tomlinson, Carol Keating and skip Steve Goodenough had the best rink with a 22-16 success.
Ottery then played host to a touring side from Bournemouth, Swanmore Bowling Club brought six rinks, and, in a very close game, Ottery were victorious by just one shot at 99-98. The Otters won four and lost two of the six rinks contested with the top Ottery rink the one of Carol Keating, Graham White, Tony Delahay and skip Steve Hall, who won 27-9.
You may also want to watch:
For any information regarding membership and/or coaching, please do get in touch with Mike Smith on 01404 81119.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival