Ottery bowlers end season with spider success for Chris Hawke
- Credit: Archant
In the final week of the summer season, Ottery played their last friendly at home to Brixham, writes Michael Smith.
In what proved to be a close encounter, the rinks were shared two each, with Brixham taking the match 78-68.
The best Ottery rink was Eric Richardson, Sheila Lapping, Norman Lawrence and skip Steve Goodenough 23-9.
The final drive took place last Sunday and Chris Hawke won the inevitable ‘spider’ competition and a bottle of Jack Daniels to go with it.
Nearly 50 members enjoyed a fine afternoon’s bowling and were then treated to a sumptuous meal thanks to the hard work of Sharon Kenny, ably assisted in the kitchen by Steve Goodenough and Joan Dalton.
You may also want to watch:
With the Defibrillator Fund having already reached its target, all money raised on the day will go to the continuing upkeep of the defibrillator in the future.
The green is now closed for the winter months, but the club continues during these months with skittle nights on Fridays and various social events on other occasions. For information on membership, please contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend