Ottery bowlers involved in close encounters of the green kind
- Credit: Archant
Ottery bowlers were involved in some close encounters last week, writes Michael Smith.
In a tough home fixture against Feniton in the Ladies’ Over-50s Triples League (LOFTL), Ottery ladies narrowly lost by just three shots at 30-27 despite a 15-14 rink success for Val Kille, Moyra Griffin and skip Sharon Kenny.
The same evening the men played Seaton in the County Trophy, winning three rinks to one and by a three shot margin, 67-64.
In this match the best Ottery rink was the one of Tony Luff, John Abbott, Steve Hall and skip Mike Smith who won 16-12.
Torrential rain curtailed the men’s Over-60s Triples League action last week with all three scheduled matches being washed out.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery’s involvement in the Foxlands came to a close with a 46-33 defeat to Chardstock, though Chris Hawke, Dave Brown, John Pethick and skip Mike Smith had a close 21-20 success to share the rinks.
New players are welcomed to attend Friday club nights from 6pm.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Coaching and equipment is provided and, for more information, contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.