Ottery bowlers making good progress in Over-60s Triples League
- Credit: Archant
Ottery bowlers went down by four rinks to two when they entertained Crediton in a friendly, writes Michael Smith.
The best performing Ottery rink was the one of Margaret Hunt, Richard Bland, Sharon Kenny and skip Brian Baker, winning 22-12.
In the LOFTL, Ottery ladies continued their good run, with wins over Heavitree, St Thomas and Madeira.
From the three matches, the top winning rink was the one of Dot Luff, Fenella Griggs and skip Mollie Parker who claimed a 33-4 success in the win over St Thomas.
In the Exeter and District men’s Over-60s League the A team bagged their first win of the campaign with a six point victory at Belmont A.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery B continued their good start with another maximum points haul, this time against visiting Tiverton West End D. Both Ottery rinks won 24-15.
The president versus chairman match was a close encounter with no more than a couple of shots separating the teams on each rink.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Chairman John Ward’s team came out the winners over President Gerry Beighton’s team by just a single shot at 57-56.
N ew players are assured of a warm welcome to Friday club nights from 6pm, free coaching and equipment will be provided, wear flat shoes or trainers, for more information contact Mike Smith 0n 01404 811195.