Ottery bowlers net four trophy of season with success in Uffculme Triples
- Credit: Archant
Ottery bowlers netted their fourth trophy of the season when a trio returned from a trip to Mid Devon with the Uffculme Triples trophy, writes Michael Smith.
There were 24 teams in the competition and, after a run of unbeaten games, Terri and John Ward together with skip Terry House, were acclaimed winners.
Congratulation, to them!
Elsewhere, Ottery ladies were successful with a win on both rinks at Feniton in the LOFTL, with Terri Ward, Joan Saunders and skip Mollie Parker securing a 17-13 victory. Then the next they had another good win at Exonia in the LNBTL, again winning on both rinks – each won 15-10.
In the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League Ottery A were beaten at home on both rinks by opponents Hemyock.
You may also want to watch:
However, the B team had a very good win at Chardstock from where they returned with maximum points.
John Mabbott, George Kille and skip Brian Baker enjoyed a superb 23-8 success. The win means the B team march on in top spot in Division Seven and are very much in the hunt for promotion. The C team went down on both rinks to Belmont C.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
A couple of friendly matches were played. The meeting with Lyme Regis saw Ottery beaten three-one in terms of rink scores and that was also the final outcome of a meeting with Bovey Tracey in a rain shortened match.
Ottery also played host to two representative matches. The Exeter and District Over 60s met Bowls Devon Presidents before, two days later, Bowls Devon Patrons toom on Section Three.
Both matches were played in fine spirits on two glorious days, Sharon Kenny and the catering team provided sumptuous afternoon teas to keep every body very happy.
This coming weekend (August 27 and 28), sees the culmination of the club’s internal competitions with the finals being played from 10.30am on both fays.
Members and guests are more than welcome to come along and offer support and indeed, simply enjoy what will surely be some exciting action.
For more information contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.