Ottery Bowls champions
In the Bowling Club finals weekend William Taylor retained the men’s championship by winning the 4 wood 21 shots competition, writes Peter Bebb.
John Pethick was the runner up. In the ladies’ competition Margaret Bright is the champion with Mollie Parker as the runner up.
The Open Singles 4 wood 21 shots was a very close match, David Brown winning with Harry Channon runner up. In the three wood 18 end competition, Harry Channon was the winner, Jamie Taylor was runner up.
In the ladies’ singles two wood Sharon Kenny won with Mollie Parker the runner up. In the men’s 2 wood, Terry House won with John Ward runner up in a close finish
The Nominated Pairs was won by Eric and Joan Saunders, Sharon Kenny and Mike Smith were the runners up. The Otter Trophy was won by David Brown and Christopher Hawkes was runner up .
You may also want to watch:
The mixed Triples winners were Eric Saunders, Sharon Kenny and Christopher Hawkes. Runners up were Tony Luff, Gerry Beighton and Margaret Bright. After the competitions everyone enjoyed a hog roast provided by Vic and Marion Daniels The weekend ended with a quiz by Eric and Joan Sanders and Derek Garrod thanked everyone who had helped to make the weekend a success The outdoor season finishes this weekend with a Ladies v Gents game on Saturday and the Final Drive on Sunday.
Photos Ladies Champion Margaret Bright
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Mens Champion William Taylor