Ottery C and D teams seals Division Seven promotion spots with maximum point wins
- Credit: Archant
Ottery C and Ottery D have clinched promotion from the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League Division Seven, and achieved it with one game each remaining writes Michael Smith.
Promotion comes as just reward after both teams enjoyed excellent seasons and they sealed their respective promotions with maximum point wins!
The C team were in action at Honiton where they won 45-32 with the rink of George Hutchinson, Frank Jones and skip Norman Lawrence securing a splendid 24-14 win.
The D team were in home action and they defeated Sidmouth D by 39 shots to 22, with Mike Cozens, Tony Delahay and skip Mike Smith enjoying a 20-11 win.
It has also proved to be a fine season for the A team and, although losing their last match away to Uffculme A, it all depends on the last match of the campaign to decide the promotion battle.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, the B team are finishing their season in great style and their latest outing, a trip to Phear Park B resulted in a 46-24 success with the best rink being the one of Richard Chapple, Bryan Salter and skip Ron Cook, who won 23-10. This result leaves the team lying fourth in Division Six.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon