Ottery C and D teams seals Division Seven promotion spots with maximum point wins
- Credit: Archant
Ottery C and Ottery D have clinched promotion from the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League Division Seven, and achieved it with one game each remaining writes Michael Smith.
Promotion comes as just reward after both teams enjoyed excellent seasons and they sealed their respective promotions with maximum point wins!
The C team were in action at Honiton where they won 45-32 with the rink of George Hutchinson, Frank Jones and skip Norman Lawrence securing a splendid 24-14 win.
The D team were in home action and they defeated Sidmouth D by 39 shots to 22, with Mike Cozens, Tony Delahay and skip Mike Smith enjoying a 20-11 win.
It has also proved to be a fine season for the A team and, although losing their last match away to Uffculme A, it all depends on the last match of the campaign to decide the promotion battle.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, the B team are finishing their season in great style and their latest outing, a trip to Phear Park B resulted in a 46-24 success with the best rink being the one of Richard Chapple, Bryan Salter and skip Ron Cook, who won 23-10. This result leaves the team lying fourth in Division Six.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend