Ottery duo into last 16 of the Devon County pairs competition
- Credit: Archant
There were just two games for the Ottery St Mary teams in the Exeter and District Over-60s League last week, writes Michael Smith.
The B team travelled into Exeter to meet Heavitree where they were beaten on both rinks and by an overall score of 43 shots to 16.
The ‘D’ team fared a little better, winning narrowly 36-35 at Uffculme C; the winning Ottery rink was that of John James, Ken Dennis and skip Mike Smith, 21-15.
In a friendly fixture away to Bovey Tracey, Ottery had a good 84-59 victory winning on two rinks and drawing on another. The best rink was Eric Richardson, Gerry Beighton, Maureen Phillips and skip Richard Bland 31-9.
Ottery couldn’t follow this up on a visit to Chudleigh, losing 56-95, though Moyra Griffin, Graham White, Richard Chapple and skip Peter Jones did manage to draw 19-19.
You may also want to watch:
There was another good performance in the men’s county pairs competition for Ottery duo Tony Bushell and Kevin Vernon, who, over the course of two days, won through to the Section Three final where they had a tremendous 18-13 victory over Peter Barradell and Terry Hurley-Smith from Seaton. Tony and Kevin now progress to the last 16 in the county - well done, a great achievement! For information on any aspect of the club, please visit the website at www.otterystmarybowlingclub.com or contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls