Ottery face day of destiny in game at Ivybridge
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary’s cricketers go into their game at Ivybridge tomorrow (Saturday) knowing that victory would put them in pole position to bag a second successive promotion in the Tolchards Devon League.
The Otters, playing in the third tier of the county league for the first time this season, travel to the table-topping Bridgers sitting third in the B Division table, just four points behind second placed Plymstock, who face the Bridgers on the penultimate match day of the season (August 27).
When Ottery hosted Ivybridge on matchday six the weather hit the game. Having bowled the Bridgers out for 130, the Otters, chasing a revised target of 73 in 25 overs, were 32-4 when the rain set in to abandon play. After tomorrow’s game, the Otters have just three league games left to negotiate.
They host relegation strugglers South Devon and then travel to Shobrooke Park.
The Otters beat both sides in the first meetings this season and so repeating those results would set up a likely ‘winner-takes-all’ Saturday, September 3, meeting with Plymstock with a place in the second tier of Devon League cricket up for grabs!
You may also want to watch:
First, though, that not-so-small matter of looking to win at Ivybridge tomorrow - here’s hoping!
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb