Ottery FC seek new manager - again
JUST DAYS after announcing that Danny Minto, supported by coach Bob Calderhead would be taking over at Ottery St Mary, the club announced that they were still looking for a new 1st XI manager.
JUST?DAYS after announcing that Danny Minto, supported by coach Bob Calderhead would be taking over at Ottery St Mary, the club announced that they were still looking for a new 1st XI manager.
Minto and Calderhead pulled out on Wednesday night, leaving Ottery once again without a boss.
The football club were holding a meeting last night (Thursday) to sort out who would be leading the team for Saturday's match away to Exmouth Town.
"It was a bit of shock to be honest. We are still looking for a new manager, and will be following up a couple of people who expressed an interest previously," said club chairman Greg Layzell.
You may also want to watch:
"Minto and Calderhead pulled out as they said they were unable to secure the players that they had wanted to bring to the club."
The club managed to get out two teams last weekend, something of a feat, which included Layzell on the bench for the 1st XI at Teignmouth.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
When one of the players was injured after four minutes, Layzell got the call, and on Thursday morning was just about getting over the effects of his exploits on the field.
Ottery lost 10-0 at Teignmouth with the Reserves losing 5-0 to Uplyme.
"We did well to field two teams," Layzell added.
Anyone who feels they are up to the challenge of taking on Ottery FC in the Peninsula League should call Greg Layzell on 07545 241860.
He said: "No one is under any illusions about the task that befalls us, and we are not looking for a quick fix. This season will be to concentrate on rebuilding the squad and staying in the Peninsula League, with the next few years building to move forward.