Ottery Ladies book Foxlands Competition final berth
OTTERY Ladies are through to the Final of the Foxlands Competition after beating Budleigh Salterton in the semi-final, writes Peter Bebb.
Despite going down on one rink, the team emerged victorious in a close encounter that saw just a single shot between the sides at the close.
J Ward, P Jones, P Richards and skip W Taylor won 19-15 whilst the quartet of T House, J Pethick, E Saunders and skip H Channon went down by just three shots at 16-19. The Ottery team now meet Feniton in the final.
In the Men –over- 60’s League the Ottery B team were 38-28 winners over Sidmouth C despite losing on one of the rinks.
G Temple, J Candy, and skip N Lawrence were 24-13 winners whilst the trio of G Kille, T Luff and skip M Smith, went down 14-15.
You may also want to watch:
In the Top Club Competition, Ottery scored more points 93-88 but lost overall to Chardstock by three games to two.
In the 2-wood singles N Lawrence lost 8-21 but in the 4-wood singles there was a 22-18 victory for J Pethick. In the pairs, H Channon and E Saunders were edged out by a single shot on the extra end at 18-19.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
In the triples P Jones, P Richards and W Taylor also lost after an extra end at 13-14 whilst G Temple, D Brown, D Dalton and M Smith were 32-16 winners.
In the Ladies Unbadged League, Exonia were the visitors to Ottery and the hosts were in good form, securing victory on both rinks and 41-28 overall. Moyra Griffin, Ann Howells and skip Mollie Parker won 22-16 whilst Terri Ward, Pat Garrod and skip Margaret Hunt won 19-12.