Ottery ladies end league season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Ottery ladies completed what has been a successful season in the ladies’ Over-50s League, writes Michael Smith.
The ladies secured a mid-table finish and, in the ladies’ non-badged Triples League, they had a similar mid-table finish.
There was a terrific final match for the Ottery East of Exe Mixed League team for they defeated visiting Division One champions Cullompton.
Ottery won 3-1 on rink scores and took the overall match honours thanks to a 76-55 final score.
The best Ottery rink was the one of Richard Bland, Sharon Kenny, Tony Bushell and skip Terry House, who won 28-6. The result meant that Ottery ended the campaign as runners-up to Cullompton.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery’s two friendly fixtures of the week didn’t quite follow the success of the league teams, as there was defeat on all rinks at Bitton Park in Teignmouth while, in the game at near neighbours Feniton, Ottery were edged out, but they did have no less than seven new players in action, all of whom played very well in their first ever match!
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!