Ottery ladies net three shot win over Honiton
- Credit: Archant
In the LOFTL, Ottery ladies enjoyed a close three shot win against Honiton, writes Michael Smith.
The ladies secured a 31-28 success with the winning Ottery rink the one of Dot Luff, Sharon Kenny and skip Margaret Bright, 20-15.
In the men’s Over-60s League, Ottery A secured their Division Two status with a six point win over Sidmouth B, the winning Ottery rink was that of Tony Luff, John Ward and skip Mike Smith, 23-13.
The B team picked up a total of 14 points this week winning overall against Heavitree B 46-35, the winning Ottery rink being that of Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip David Rose, 28-13, they followed this up with a maximum points win against Phear Park B, the best rink, winning 17-7, comprised John Mabbott, George Kille and skip Brian Baker.
The C team completed a winning week for Ottery with another maximum point win over Belmont C, Eric Richardson, Clive Russell and skip Frank Jones having the best rink, 27-11.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery finished the week with a home friendly against Madeira, being comprehensively beaten 128-89, the sole winning rink was Celia Russell, Keith Thorley, Maureen Phillips and skip Kevin Vernon, 20-16.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey