Ottery ladies suffer defeat in the LNBTL competition
- Credit: Archant
In the LNBTL competition, the Ottery ladies suffered a double defeat last week, writes Michael Smith.
They went down to a 41-33 defeat at the hands of Heavitree, though they did enjoy some success with the rink of Dot Luff, Moyra Griffin and skip Eileen Burston, winning 22-12.
The ladies also went down in their LOFTL meeting with Crediton Green, beaten 38-30, but again had success on one of the rinks with a 19-13 success for Dot Luff, Moyra Griffin and skip Margaret Bright.
In a friendly away to Dunkeswell, Ottery won by two rinks to one, but lost the match overall by 54 shots to 49. In this match the best of the Ottery rinks was the one of Sheila Lapping, Melvyn Trayhurn, Margaret Bright and skip Tony Panzeri, who won 19-13.
In another friendly match away to Chard, Ottery had a fine 77-50 victory winning on all four rinks with the top rink being Eric Richardson, Dave Rose, Margaret Bright and skip Peter Jones, 17-11.
You may also want to watch:
Last, but not least, in another busy week for the Ottery bowlers, there was a match at Tiverton Borough in the EEML.
The visit to Mid Devon proved a successful one as the Otters won on all four rinks and to the tune of an overall 77-48 score line.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The best of the Ottery rinks was the one of Richard Bland, Sharon Kenny, Steve Hall and skip John Pethick, winning 21-10.
For information on any aspect of the club contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195 or visit the club’s website which can be found at www.otterystmarybowlingclub.co.uk