Ottery men end County Trophy campaign with win over Honiton
Ottery men finished their County Trophy campaign on a winning note, beating Honiton 74-61, winning on three of the four rinks, writes Michael Smith.
The top Ottery rink was Tony Bushell, Gerard McCarthy, Ron Cook and skip Leighton Burston (22-12).
There was a rare defeat for the A team in the men’s Over-60s League, as they lost 34-45 at home to Hemyock A, this despite a 26-16 rink win for Richard Bland, Peter Jones and skip Terry House.
The B were 31-20 winners at Crediton where the successful rink was the one of Bryan Salter, Tony Bushell and skip Ray Luscombe (16-13).
With only one defeat this season, top-of-the table Ottery C, took on second placed Ottery D. The contest was as close had been expected with the D team taking the honours, 38-32. Maurice Flower, Clive Gibbs and skip John Ward, won 22-16 while the rink of John James, Mike Cozens and skip Mike Smith, drew 16-all.
You may also want to watch:
In a close encounter at Lyme Regis, Ottery won 3-1 on rinks, but lost overall 81-79 with the top Ottery rink, Jan Richardson, Paul Cole, Fred Dart and skip Ron Cook (20-18).
Visiting Seaton were beaten 99-62 with C Budd, G White, R Chapple and skip R Luscombe enjoying a resounding 34-13 win.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion
Finally in the EEML Ottery suffered a 72-55 loss to Uffculme with the lone rink success a 17-11 win for Dave Brown, Steve Goodenough, Ray Luscombe and skip Gail Hawke.
Any information regarding the club can be found on the website at otterystmarybowlingclub.com or contacting Mike Smith 0n 01404 811195.