Ottery mixed team edged out in opening league game
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Tennis Club’s first mixed match in the East Devon 2018 Summer League resulted in a narrow 6-5 defeat against Willand.
The Otters went into the first game of the summer season off the back of a splendid Winter League campaign that saw them win seven of their eight matches – drawing the other – to complete an unbeaten campaign and win the Division Five title.
The Ottery ladies summer team are playing in Division Three of the Exeter and District League and they made a winning start to the new campaign with a 5-4 victory over Sidmouth B.
Ottery St Mary Tennis Club is a small but very friendly and sociable club that aims to promote a fun and healthy lifestyle playing tennis within the community and for this year, for all adult members, the club is including an element of club coaching (during one of the existing club sessions) as a package in their membership
Unfortunately, this year, the club has been unable to secure the services of a junior coach, so sadly there will be no junior coaching this summer, but there’s hope and expectation that it will resume next year.
You may also want to watch:
The club is holding an Open Day on Saturday, May 19, from 2pm and invites anyone interested to get along and join them for some relaxed tennis followed by afternoon tea at the Colin Tooze Sports Centre.
Club nights are held each Tuesday and Thursday from 6.30pm and again on a Saturday from 2pm. For more information on all things, Ottery St Mary Tennis Club, visit their website www.otterystmarytennisclub.com where all the contact details can be found for committee members.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary