Ottery Over-60 Triples League A team keep promotion bid on the boil!
- Credit: Archant
The Ottery St Mary men’s Over-60s Triples league teams had mixed fortunes in their most recent outings, writes Michael Smith.
The C team travelled to Mid Devon where they went down on both rinks to hosts Tiverton West End.
However, the A team continued their promotion bid banking maximum points from a home success over Marina B. In this match Terry House, Brian Baker and skip John Pethick landed a comprehensive 23-7 victory.
Ottery played a friendly fixture with Belmont that saw the opposition win three rinsk to one.
Here, the only winning Otters rink was the one of Clive Russell, Brian Braund and skip Margaret Bright (16-13).
You may also want to watch:
The team followed that match with another friendly, this time at home to Lyme Regis who proved a formidable opponent, winning 100-82.
The sole Ottery winning rink was the one of Ken Pollitt, Jan Richardson, Kevin Vernon and skip Ray Luscombe, who claimed a fine 28-18 success.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
In the ladies NBTL Ottery kept up their winning habit with victory on both rinks away to Pinces Garden.
Terri Ward, Joan Saunders and skip Gail Hawke were on the top performing rink with a 23-6 victory.
To end the week Ottery took six rinks to Plymstock, but the home side took the match honours to a 114-108 score.
Ottery won two of the six rinks contested, losing three and drawing one. The best Ottery rink was that of Carol Bennett, Frank Holden, Sharon Kenny and skip Maureen Phillips. They won 26-19.
Despite the outdoor season drawing to a close, free bowling is still available on a Friday nights from 6pm. All folk need to do is turn up with flat shoes or trainers and free coaching and equipment will be provided.
With the indoor season to come it’s a great chance for people to come and try the sport. For more information, contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.