Ottery Over-60s Triples bowl way into club history books
- Credit: Archant
Away from the club’s 30th anniversary celebration the Ottery bowlers also cerate a new ‘first’ for the club, writes Michael Smith.
The men’s Over-60s Triples League teams managed to all win, and on the same day too, which is very much a historic ‘first’ for the club!
The A team were able to bank maximum points from a victory over Starcross.
In this match John Ward, Peter Jones and skip Mike Smith were 23-4 victors.
At the same time the B team enjoyed a six point success against Tiverton West End C, with Clive Gibbs, Clive Martin and skip Tony Bushell on the winning rink (21-10). Completing a perfect hat-trick were the C team who took all eight points on offer in their meeting with Topsham D with the best Ottery rink being the one of Dick Ludgate, John Westwood and skip Ken Dennis, who triumphed 27-12.
You may also want to watch:
There were two matches played in the Two Counties League with the first being an 88-80 win over Seaton who did win three rinks to one. However, some excellent bowling from Kevin Vernon, Sharon Kenny, Dave Rose and skip John Pethick, who won 33-6, ensured Ottery enjoyed overall success.
A trip to Hemyock saw the rinks shared, but Ottery won once more, this time 81-78 with the best rink being the one of Pam Baker, George Kille, Dave Brown and skip Gail Hawke 29-15.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
In the ladies NBTL Ottery had a good win at Crediton 38-28, with one rink drawn and Pam Baker, Sharon Kenny and skip Mollie Parker winning the other, 21-11.
To complete a busy week Ottery played host to Chard in a friendly fixture, winning a very close contest 59-57 with two rinks each, and finally, they also enjoyed a four rinks to one and 82-68 success at Chagford.
There is still two months of the outdoor season to go, so plenty of time for any newcomers to the sport to come to the club on a Friday night from 6pm, where coaching and equipment will be provided, just wear flat shoes or trainers, for more information contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.