Ottery see off Otterton in Grandisson Cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary claimed another big success with a Wednesday night 3-0 triumph over Otterton in the Grandisson Cup.
The Otters, currently enjoying a terrific season in Fresha League Division Six, were good value for the derby success under the Washbrook meadow floodlights.
The goals were scored by Sean Ford and Adam Harris, leading scorer Harris adding two more to his impressive tally this season.
Ottery boss Mike Dawe said: “We got hold of the game early on and never looked back. It certainly helped our cause that we were back on our home pitch which of course gives us the width top be more expansive with our game.
“We were beaten the previous outing when we slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Newton St Cyres where we came unstuck on their small surface which stifled our style of play.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawe continued: “It’s been difficult for us with so little action since Christmas. The midweek cup tie was only the third time we have played at home since the festive period and its never the same meeting up for an hour on a an artificial surface as we have been having to do with the training ground too wet to work on and then the pitch too wet on match days!”
Tomorrow (Saturday) the Otters are back in league action with the visit of Dunkeswell Rovers who they beat 3-0 at their place in late December.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club