Ottery shine in first Peninsula match for Weeks
Ottery’s young side secure first point with draw
Dave Weeks’ young Ottery side were pleased with their first point of the new Peninsula season - but it could well have been all three.
Opponents Okehampton were 2-0 down at the break, and played most of the second half with 10 men. “They felt they had dropped the points,” Weeks said.
“But they are a young side, and they all gave 100 per cent effort so I am pleased with that,”
Dan Norman, Paul Beachamp and Ben Vine scored the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Weeks is happy with the current set up at the club. He said: “We have a good committee in place, it’s a lovely club. I am happy with my squad of 20, all of them are decent players and work hard. We have been offering a lot of coaching and we hope that the current U16s will start training with us shortly.”
In the long term Weeks, whose team hail from Ottery, Axminster, and Exeter, with players dotted all round East Devon, hopes to build a great young side. He is looking forward to playing Budleigh Salterton on Saturday, at Greenway Lane, 3pm.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open