Ottery St Mary A end Seaton Over-60s winning run
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary A ended a long standing winning run last week, writes Michael Smith.
It came in the team’s latest outing in the Men’s Over 60s Triples League at Seaton where they earned a hard fought draw thus ending the home team’s 25-game winning sequence that had stretched back to 2012!
Dave Rose, John Pethick and skip Terry House had a fine 21-13 win, but with the other rink at one time being 17-1 down it did not look too good for Ottery.
However, a fine comeback from Tony Luff, Peter Jones and skip Mike Smith, saw them end up 15-23 losers earning a draw and sharing the points with a strong home team.
The men’s B and C teams continue to search for their first wins of the season after losing to North Tawton C; and St Thomas C respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies have also made a great start, winning against Starcross and Budleigh in the Ladies Over 50s League, and beating Crediton and Pinces Garden in the Non-Badged Triples League.
Budleigh were the visitors on a beautiful sunny Sunday, last weekend, Ottery ran out winners 109-71, winning on four rinks and losing on two, the best winning rink of Steve Hall, Moyra Griffin and skip John Ward victorious 24-7.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford