Ottery St Mary all set for home midweek cup quarter-final
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary have at least one more match to play this season as they are still in the Golesworthy Cup.
They have a quarter-final tie next Wednesday (April 12) when they take on Otterton.
The sides played as recently as last month when the Otters wrapped up their Macron league Division Four campaign and it was Otterton who won 3-2.
Fairweather says: “That was an injustice for, on the day, we were the better side, and by some distance. I shall use the result of that game as part of the rallying all to the lads on Wednesday night. I can also use the fact that if we lose this next game then the season ends! It’s as back and white as that. If we want to extend our campaign then we simply have to beat Otterton and book a last four place in a competition that we may never play in again! If that is the case then I’d really like us to go out as the unbeaten holders of the Golesworthy Cup.”
The Otters, if they are promoted at the end of the season – and there’s every chance of that if the league do, as is expected, re-arrange some of the divisions – then they will become ineligible for the Golesworthy Cup which is currently for teams playing Division Four and below.
You may also want to watch:
The state of play with regard to the Golesworthy Cup quarter finals is that one has been played; Kentisbeare won 5-0 at East Budleigh Reserves and the other two ties are being played this coming weekend with Feniton III hosting Offwell on Saturday (April 8) and Sidmouth III entertaining Bravehearts on Sunday (April 9).
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka