Ottery St Mary all set for South Devon cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary were denied in their efforts to claim their first win of the new Macron League Division Three campaign when a heavy downpour just before kick-off left too much surface water on their Washbrook Meadow pitch to allow them to play visiting Sandford.
Tomorrow (Saturday) the Otters are on their travels with a trip to South Devon to meet WBW (Solicitors) League side Babbacombe Cornithians in a Firewatch Devon Senior Cup tie (2pm).
Corinthians, like the Otters, have played two league games so far this new season and they too have yet to win.
After an opening day 3-3 draw at Buckland Athletic thirds, they were beaten 3-1 at home by Chudleigh Athletic.
Ottery boss Dave Fairweather is without three players for the trip. Dan Jewell, Tom Hayes and Tom Bushby are all unavailable. However, Adam Harris makes a timely return to the side.
You may also want to watch:
Fairweather says: “It’s a good opportunity for us to go an play someone new. It’s a shame we have the three out, but as I always say, when someone is not in the team it’s a great opportunity for another player to make his mark and perhaps take ownership of a shirt!”.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford