Ottery St Mary all set for ‘Super Sunday’ at Washbrook Meadow
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Football Club is the place to be from noon on Sunday (August 6) with Washbrook Meadow staging two matches.
Ottery St Mary Football Club is the place to be from noon on Sunday with Washbrook Meadow staging two matches.
First up the Ottery ladies take on Feniton ladies in a pre-season match and that game is followed, at 2pm, by the Ottery Challenge Cup.
This is a new competition with the trophy being contested for the first time with Ottery St Mary, who, this coming season will play in Division Three of the Macron Devon and Exeter League, taking on Premier Division Feniton.
The Acland Park side were in friendly action on Friday night when they went down 3-1 at South West Peninsula League Eastern Division Axminster Town.
You may also want to watch:
Otters boss Dave Fairweather is looking forward to seeing his side in action against a Macron League top flight team.
He says: “We aspire to the level that Feniton play at on a consistent basis. They are always there or thereabouts in terms of the top division of the Macron League. We are steadily making our way to that sort of height and games like this are a great indicator of the progress we are making.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Spectators for either – or both – of the games at Washbrook Meadow, will be made very welcome.