Ottery St Mary bolwers enjoy fabulous flowers - thanks to Ann!
- Credit: Archant
In the Men’s Over-60s 4-wood singles, Mike Smith reached the Section Three final where he came up against Cliff Skinner of Madeira, writes Michael Smith.
The match was played at Madeira and Smith was beaten 21-10.
However, there was better luck for Dave Brown and John Pethick in the Unbadged Pairs as they recorded a Section Three final success against another pair from Madeira and now go on to play in the Devon finals later in the year, well done, to everyone.
In the Men’s Over-60s Triples League the A team continue their bad run with another overall defeat to Budleigh A who defeated them by just two shots and that left the Ottery side banking only a brace of points.
The B team had another good win against Culm Vale B, picking up six points to ease them to halfway in the league table. The C team continue their struggle for points with a defeat to Belmont C.
You may also want to watch:
In a County Trophy match against Honiton, Ottery went down by three rinks to one.
The lone success for Ottery was the rink of Clive Martin, Dave Rose, Stuart Spencer and skip Mike Smith, with a score of 21-14.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion
Special thanks must go to Ann House, the clubs’ ‘resident gardener’. Ann creates the wonderful display of flowers around the club house and rink, and at this time of the year, everything is in glorious full bloom.
With her team of helpful ‘waterers’, Ann keeps the displays looking good all summer, so thank you, Ann for all your hard work.