Ottery St Mary bowler Kevin Vernon in Plant Welding Triples success at Nottingham
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary club member Kevin Vernon recently took part in the Disability Bowls England (DBE) ‘Plant Welding Triples’ weekend at the Getling Bowling Club in Nottingham, writes Michael Smith.
This is a prestigious event in the DBE’s calendar with Home Nations Championship winners and Commonwealth Games bronze medallists, among the large field taking part.
Kevin was teamed with Helen Wood and Simon Wright, never having played together before expectations were mixed.
On the first day (Saturday), they played three games winning all of them, which took them into the Sunday action with their spirits raised.
Another two games were played which again they won, this meant that they were into the final and in a tense nail-biting match they emerged victorious winning the final encounter 15-13 - a terrific result, making Ottery St Mary Bowling Club very proud to have Kevin as a member!
You may also want to watch:
Well done, to Kevin, Helen and Simon on a great win.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend