Ottery St Mary bowlers all set for silver jubilee season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Bowling Club has a new bar to mark its silver jubilee season, writes Mike Smith.
The new bar was officially opened on Sunday, the first day of the outdoor season, when mayor Glyn Dobson dropped by to raise the shutters for the first time.
The bar was completed earlier this year after hundreds of hours of hard work by members John Pethick and Dave Brown. They did a magnificent job and still remain friends.
Thanks must also go to their long-suffering wives and families who didn’t see much of them for almost a year , but who supported them throughout.
The weather was kind and some 50 or so members enjoyed a fine afternoon’s bowling, ending the proceedings with a few drinks in the new bar.
You may also want to watch:
Friday club nights resume tomorrow.
All are welcome and newcomers can go along from 6pm to try the game. Free coaching and equipment will be provided. Just wear a pair of flat shoes or trainers (no heels).
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The club is in Strawberry Lane next to the cricket club.
For more information ring Mike Smith 01404 811195.