Ottery St Mary bowlers bowl out another outdoor season
- Credit: Archant
On the last weekend of the summer season Ottery travelled to Tiverton Boro’ for their final fixture, writes Michael Smith.
In a close contest Ottery lost by six shots, 62-56, although Jan Richardson, Gerry Beighton and skip John Ward had a fine 27-9 win, but not quite enough to secure an overall victory.
Sunday saw Ottery celebrate the close of the season with the ‘Final Drive’. This was attended by 50 plus members all of whom enjoyed a fine afternoons bowling followed by a splendid ‘finger buffet’, thanks to club captain Sharon Kenny and her team of helpers.
Brian Salter won the pre-match ‘Spider’ and a bottle of scotch, generously donated by Sharon. Club chairman Gerry Beighton thanked Sharon for all her hard work and dedication over her two-year period as captain of the club, when the club has gone from strength to strength.
Ottery enjoyed a fair amount of success through the season, amongst them were the retention of the Jubilee Cup at Lyme Regis for the third year running!
You may also want to watch:
Regaining their own Redferns Trophy, the ladies won the NBTL and the gents Over-60s Triples League A team gained promotion to Division Two of the Exeter and District League.
We look forward to another good season in 2016, and if anyone is interested in joining the club then they can contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195 for more information.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory