Ottery St Mary bowlers indebted to the efforts of Tony Bushell
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to the hard work of one of our members, Mr Tony Bushell, a number of local firms have agreed to sponsor Ottery Bowls Club, writes Michael Smith.
New advertising boards are now displayed around the green with the respective firms details.
Mr John Capon of Otter Windows kindly agreed to visit the club, where he was thanked by club president Michael Potter for his generous sponsorship. It was due to all of our generous sponsors that the club was able to purchase the new blue fleeces for the existing members.
The Bowling Club continue to have mixed fortunes on the green. In the men’s Over-60s Triples League the A team followed up their opening game success with another maximum points win over North Tawton A. The B team won on one rink and lost on the other, losing the match overall to Cullompton, whilst the C team completed the home fixtures with a loss on both rinks to Chardstock B.
In the Two Counties competition, Ottery travelled to Honiton where they were well beaten, losing on three rinks and only drawing on the other.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, May 23, Ottery play host to any prospective new members who would like to try their hand at bowls, free coaching will be provided and refreshments will also be available.
Just come along to the club in Strawberry Lane (next to the cricket club) at 6pm.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
We only ask that you wear flat shoes or trainers, all other equipment will be provided. For further information ring Mike Smith on 01404 811195.
WE look forward to welcoming you!