Ottery St Mary bowlers make super start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Bowling Club got a new outdoor bowling season off to a great start in the first of their friendly fixtures, writes Michael Smith.
First up was a visit to Phear Park where the Otters came away with a four rinks to nil victory and a 87-43 overall score.
The rinks of Frank Jones, David Rose and skip Terri Ward and Eric Richardson, Sharon Kenny and skip Brian Baker both enjoyed 12 shot victories.
Ottery then travelled to Seaton, again winning 79-48 and by three rinks to one.
At Seaton, the best winning Otters rink was the one of Eric Richardson, Celia Russell, Steve Hall and skip Mike Smith, 25-9.
You may also want to watch:
They were then on their travels again, this time with a visit to Bovey Tracey, Ottery again proved too strong for the opposition and emerged 76-63 victors and by three rinks to one. Here the best rink was the one of Val Kille, Carol Bennett, Peter Jones and skip Gail Hawke, 22-12.
The ladies got off to mixed start , firstly with a loss away to Topsham in the LNBTL, but then gaining a well earned victory in the LOFTL away to Sheldon, winning on both rinks, with Moyra Griffin, Terri Ward and skip Gail Hawke having the best winning rink, 18-12.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat