Ottery St Mary Bowls Club’s President’s Day proves a big success
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary president Gerry Beighton held the annual President’s Day at the club, writes Michael Smith.
The president, ably assisted by his wife Maggie, hosted the day and kindly donated a bottle of whisky as the winning prize for the ‘Spider’ competition.
That particular prize was won by Jill White and after the action everyone enjoyed a sumptuous meal.
Thanks must go to Maggie, Jan Richardson, Ann House and Gail Hawke for their hard work in preparing the meal - members were suitably impressed!
Gerry also skipped his team to an 18-13 success, with the support of Margaret Price and Dot Luff, who will remain in the Presidents ‘good book’ for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary Bowls Club are always looking to welcome new members to both the sport of bowls and indeed the Bowls Club.
The Friday night sessions continue at the club and all comers are more than welcome to pitch up and see if bowls is the sport for them. The Friday night sessions begin at 6pm and more information can be got from Mike Smith on 01404 811195.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club