Ottery St Mary bring curtain down on a fine 2013 bowls season
- Credit: Archant
The outdoor season has drawn to a close at Ottery St Mary, writes Peter Bebb.
In a friendly match with Phear Park Ottery lost on two rinks, drew on one and won on one to claim the match overall at 122-101.
The weather stayed fine for the last game of the season which was an internal club match played on seven rinks.
The day ended with an excellent Buffet supper.
There is little doubt that the 2013 season was good for many parts of the club!
You may also want to watch:
The men’s Over-60 A team secured promotion whilst the club retained the Redeferns Trophy – take a bow Gerry Beighton, Terri Ward, Janet Bebb and John Ward. There was also the winning of the Jubilee Cup at Lyme Regis where Eric Saunders, Mike Smith, Tony Luff and Terry House did the club proud.
Three of our ladies’, Mollie Parker, Joan Saunders and Sharon Kenny won the Ladies Invitation Triples at Honiton.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Peter Jones, Tony Bushell, Chris Hawkes and Brian Light represented the County President in a section three versus section one match at Coombe Martin and returned to East Devon as winners.
Margaret Bright, John Pethick and Terry House won the Invitation Triples at Chard, Shirley Fewtrell won the section three two-wood competition and Terry House gained his County Badge.
Last, but certainly not least Sharon Kenny was invited to Devon Ladies Presidents Day and finished joint first in an individual Round Robin competition.
Members are now looking forward to turning their attention to the indoor season!