Ottery St Mary cricket club gearing up for start of the 2103 season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Tennis Club continues to offer extremely popular and encouraging coaching sessions for the coming season.
The club is pleased to announce that senior performance coach Gayle Vaughan, will be joining Ray Puttick for a comprehensive series of lessons which will be gauged according to age and ability.
Vaughan has a wealth of experience with 15 years of coaching , the last nine of which have been as the tennis development officer at the University of Exeter. She will take the junior group sessions, and will also be available for individual coaching.
Ray Puttick, a UKCC level 2 coach, has been coaching at Ottery St Mary Tennis Club since 2009 and has a huge regular following.
The club’s two coaches for 2013 bring with them a wealth of experience at all levels and will no doubt prove to be a huge asset to the club structure.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s programme offers an exciting mix of coaching plus competitive play. Junior coaching with Gayle Vaughan will continue to be on Wednesdays after school commencing April 17.
The session swill be; Mini Red 4pm to 4.45; Mini Orange 4.45 to 5.30; Mini Green 5.30 to 6.15 and Teens 6.15 to 7pm.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
The regular Saturday match play will run from 10.15am until 12.30pm, starting on Saturday, May 4.
All junior coaching sessions will have a coaching assistant present.
Senior coaching with Ray Puttick offers a choice of Rusty Rackets (Wednesday’s 7pm to 8pm), starting on May 1, and Improver’s (Thursday’s from 7pm to 8pm), starting from May 2.
Wednesday 7.00-8.00pm from 1st May, and Improvers 7.00-8.00pm from 2nd May.
Top junior players may be invited to attend full adult club sessions when they have reached a competent level of play, to ensure that their tennis playing development can be continued through to main club membership.
For bookings contact Val Stringer 01404 850124 and for individual coaching contact Gayle Vaughan 07887 427067
Further details on all things the tennis club can be found at www.ottery-st-mary-tennis-club.info