Ottery St Mary cricketers face travelling fmailiar routes in their 2014 Francis Clark.
Ottery St Mary’s first eleven cricketers will travel a regular route next season in their Francis Clark Devon League campaign, writes Stephen Birley.
The Otters begin a new season on Saturday, May 3 with a trip to South Devon, a journey they will make no fewer than seven times in the term!
Of the nine teams that Ottery will meet in the C Division seven of the teams they face have TQ postcodes and the other two are in Exeter!
They will travel 519.80 miles during the season with the shortest trip being the 13.6 mile round-trip to face Clyst Hydon.
The longest trip is the 100 mile round-trip to Kingsbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Otters travel to South Devon, Ipplepen, Shaldon, Kingsbridge, Dartington and Totnes, Chagford and Plymouth Civil Service and Roborough, the latter will play their home matches at Buckfastleigh.
The Ottery second eleven travel as far afield as Hatherleigh in the North and go to both Plymstock, Cornwood and Plymouth in the South.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Their closets-to-home matches will be the meeting with Bradninch and Budleigh Salterton.
See all the fixtures for both Ottery St Mary teams and the three Sidmouth CC eleven’s on page 51.