Ottery St Mary cricketers face travelling fmailiar routes in their 2014 Francis Clark.
Ottery St Mary’s first eleven cricketers will travel a regular route next season in their Francis Clark Devon League campaign, writes Stephen Birley.
The Otters begin a new season on Saturday, May 3 with a trip to South Devon, a journey they will make no fewer than seven times in the term!
Of the nine teams that Ottery will meet in the C Division seven of the teams they face have TQ postcodes and the other two are in Exeter!
They will travel 519.80 miles during the season with the shortest trip being the 13.6 mile round-trip to face Clyst Hydon.
The longest trip is the 100 mile round-trip to Kingsbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Otters travel to South Devon, Ipplepen, Shaldon, Kingsbridge, Dartington and Totnes, Chagford and Plymouth Civil Service and Roborough, the latter will play their home matches at Buckfastleigh.
The Ottery second eleven travel as far afield as Hatherleigh in the North and go to both Plymstock, Cornwood and Plymouth in the South.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
Their closets-to-home matches will be the meeting with Bradninch and Budleigh Salterton.
See all the fixtures for both Ottery St Mary teams and the three Sidmouth CC eleven’s on page 51.