Ottery St Mary footballers honoured for their season’s efforts
- Credit: Archant
There was a terrific turnout for the Ottery St Mary Football Club awards evening.
Both the men’s and ladies’ team individual awards were handed out and it proved to be a great night for Ottery vice captain Chris Ambrose who was crowned both Manager’s Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year.
The men’s team leading scorer award was presented to James Gosney.
For the ladies, who completed their first season as a team, the Manager’s Player of the Year was presented by team boss, and club chairman, Mike Ringer, to Holly Daly.
The ladies’ team Players’ Player award was won by Georgia Chapman and Louise Ilsley went home with the leading scorer honour.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the playing awards, there were also awards handed out for long service to the Otters cause.
Monty Perry, who has now completed 60 magnificent years of service to the club, was honoured, as was Nick Searle, who has been with the club for 10 years.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
The Clubman of the Year award was presented to Ben Rushton and the Most Improved Player award went to Charley Squance.
Both men’s and ladies teams also handed out some ‘fun’ awards, and all who attended agreed that the evening had been a great success.
Ottery men’s manager Dave Fairweather said: “It was a great night all round and most certainly something we will do again, combining both the men’s team and ladies’ team awards at the same time.”