Ottery St Mary hoping for action at Broadclyst
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary have more chance than most local football teams of seeing some action this weekend, writes Steve Birley.
With more bad weather forecast the Otters are away at Broadclyst where they have a pitch that tends to stage matches when other pitches around the Fresha League are out of action.
The Otters face a Newtown Thirds team they opened the season with back on August 24 when they were beaten 1-0.
Ottery can boast to being unbeaten since the turn of the year! They have played just twice over the past five weeks, both times drawing Fresha League Division Three matches.
However, the flip side to those draws in their last two games is the statistic that the Otters have not won since a November 9, 2-0 win at Sidmouth Town.
You may also want to watch:
Since that Manstone Road success Ottery have played six times over a 13 week period.
Weather and ground permitting, hopefully the Otters will return to Washbrook Meadow tomorrow evening with three points to ease them away from the bottom two sides in Fresha Division Three.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support